Human Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is a 34 kDa glycoprotein that plays a central role in lipid metabolism and transportation. The ApoE gene is polymorphic with three common alleles, designated E2, E3, and E4. These genes encode three ApoE protein isoforms, E2 (Cys112/Cys158), E3 (Cys112/Arg158) and E4 (Arg112/Arg158), that differ by cysteine-arginine interchanges at sites 112 and 158 in the polypeptide chain. The common ApoE isoforms exhibit variations in structure and function and are involved in several pathological processes. For instance, familial type III hyperlipoproteinemia is associated with the ApoE E2/E2 pheno/genotype, while the ApoE E4/E4 pheno/genotype is associated with high cholesterol levels, coronary artery disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
EzWay Direct ApoE Genotyping Kit is useful for simple ApoE genotyping from whole blood without DNA extraction by using direct PCR technology. Also, the primer mixture of ApoE genes enables to perform one-step Multiplex PCR.
• ApoE genotyping directly from blood
• One-step Multiplex PCR system with PrimerMix
• ApoE primer mixture for E2 (Cys112/Cys158), E3 (Cys112/Arg158) and E4 (Arg112/Arg158)
• Fast and simple method for genotyping without DNA purification
• Minimize the risk of DNA loss or contamination
• Optimized MasterMix type containing Taq enzyme, dNTP, Direct PCR Buffer, MgCl2, Red dye and additives
• Useful detection of high cholesterol levels, cardiovascular disease or Alzheimer's disease